LED high bay lights are very common in areas that have high ceilings or areas that require illumination from a distance of up to 15 feet or more. This type of lighting is what is commonly found in areas such as factories, gyms, stadiums, loading docks, warehouses and arenas among others. Traditionally the high bay lights have used high intensity discharge lights and fluorescent lights, but LED lights are now becoming more preferable for a number of reasons.
1. They are energy efficient. LED lighting fixtures use smaller power watts compared to other lights and therefore save you on energy bills. Power costs LED High Bay Light make a huge part of operations budget and the LED high bay lights can help you minimize costs without limiting your light use.
2. The lights are highly durable. This means less changing and money saving for you. They can actually last up to ten times more than other light bulbs and with proper maintenance they can last you a lifetime. They are resistant to breakage and damage adding to their longevity and durability even when they are dropped or bumped. They are therefore very much ideal for rugged and tough environments.
3. LED high bay lights do not heat up when operating other lights do. This means that there is a reduced need to run your air conditioning system or have one in place to take care of the heat generated when they are on. Apart from making your environment comfortable to work with, this will also save you on energy costs because you are saved from a need of AC.
4. They do not flicker. This is an issue that is very common with fluorescent lighting, but the LED lights do not flicker and therefore offer better service to you in any given area without the flickering that can be frustrating at times. You will also enjoy better light distribution and uniformity with the high bay LED lighting. Light distortions are also less noticeable with this type of lighting making them better than other types.
5. LED lighting has very minimal static buildup which means better functionality and efficiency regardless of the conditions within the area you are placing the lights.
When choosing your LED high bay lights, it is important to make sure that you buy those that are listed and certified. This way, you will be assured that raw materials used in their making are best and the manufacturing process has been checked for quality control. You can expect better service when you choose such lights because the quality has been given focus. Choose a brand that you can trust for quality and a system that works for your needs. Lights that are easily controllable can be very convenient and hence there is an importance to make sure that your installer can do the best job in your area to make the lighting system convenient for you. Look at the lights available and select those you feel are best for your area.